Skype
Ken-Oh-Sama

Love at First A! Love at First A!

Awesome work, the reactions and timing were great, and I got a laugh out of the ending xD

bocodamondo responds:

glad to hear that ^^

Succubus Loveless Ep. 4 Succubus Loveless Ep. 4

Some really nice world building and exposition. It was interesting to see and hear about all the different species. Each character looks really unique and it seems like they all have some fun gimmicks and quirks.

Keep up the awesome work man, the variety in shots and animation was a lot more noticeable this time around, which did a great job of highlighting the diverse cast.

SD Francine and Hayley SD Francine and Hayley

Cool progress vid, it was interesting to see how you go from your sketch to forming the shapes over it. It almost looked like a mix between drawing and modeling xD

Definitely a fun technique to watch, especially as the different objects start coming together :3

MysticSkillz responds:

Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah it does feel pretty much modeling the characters just in 2D format.

City Runner City Runner

Nice concept, the coin collecting and measuring distance reminds me of Toss the Turtle, the endless runner aspects are a nice inclusion and have the potential of bringing in some really unique elements, but right now the game feels somewhat basic.

After a few clicks I didn't see the point in continuing, there was no special powerups or bonus items in the shop to make reaching the goals worthwhile, and without any skill or timing needed during the gameplay, it wasn't fun to actually play.

Maybe adding more platforming/jumping elements would spice up the gameplay, make gathering coins a challenge that requires precise movements and effort. Faster running speeds or a double jump would be a good use of the shop, it really needs extra tricks and abilities to give the player a gradual sense of achievement whilst developing their characters move set.

Kandonian responds:

I think the shop character development ideas would be great and I'll look into adding them in a patch!

Failed Robbery Failed Robbery

Played through a few times, not sure if I'm doing it wrong but the only options seem to be getting Busted/Wasted.

In any case, the graphics are good and the controls work well. There's not much interaction involved, just following a preset list of things to do by clicking certain things. That kind of gameplay works well for puzzles and problem solving, but for a GTA inspired robbery game. It gets a little tedious.

I think the concept has a lot of potential for a fun exploration game, maybe increase the size of the map and throw in a few puzzles and characters to interact with. At the moment it feels like a test area with nothing really to accomplish, but the ground work is there for a potentially awesome game.

Also encountered a bug during my third run through, I pressed up whilst in the store and the character slid out of the map, which let me walk anywhere I wanted. It was actually fun to explore x3 so I grabbed a couple of images of the glitch.

Matthcw responds:

Lol! you found it, thanks ill try and do what I can to solve it, it is a really annoying bug that I was still trying to find out.

Play Draw AnimeShadows Play Draw AnimeShadows

Nice informative tutorial, the use of basic shapes as examples was a great way to get the information across.

The play section could have used a little more variety, once you've gone through the 4 sun positions, there's not much reason to keep trying. Perhaps it could be expanded on, using different objects and characters for people to experiment with.

Also during the end of the tutorial you mention hair highlights, but it could have gone further and explained more about highlights in general; they can really make a character stand out when used correctly.

Anyway, good tutorial, it's a fun introduction to shadows and light ^_^

mordaza responds:

Thanks =) Im glad you like. I tried to make it simple so thats why I started with shapes and basic stuff. I know the play section could be deeper with more shapes and maybe more stuff, I consider making it in next one maybe, just thought for this one as a way to make the eye more familiar with shapes position on basic object.

I know I mentioned the highlights only briefly, I just wanted to make it short to grab quick the basic information so I focused on shadows and mentioned highlight just because in the final drawing that helps out to make the difference but I agree that as you said highlights should be trated deeply, as said maybe in next release I will cover this.

And as said thanks for your comments, I appreciate this and will take your suggestion for future ones =)

An Experimental Song/Loop An Experimental Song/Loop

Sounds like it would work really well as a menu loop for a spooky horror themed game :3 Or perhaps as a slow intro to a carnival inspired rock piece similar to Quote Unquote by Mr Bungle

The tune is really catchy and the background drums give it some nice variety ^_^

D-Rock responds:

Glad you like it! I literally made it in about 30 minutes start to finish out of boredom. I might have to do improv songs more often...

The 5th of December The 5th of December

Awesome high energy song, it has a really nice consistent upbeat pace. Would work well for an endless runner or speedy platform game xD

Oh-Sama responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I should have another song coming soon.
I have to follow some YouTube videos in order to give it a better quality XD

retro girl retro girl

The design and style are great, really digging the shoulder pads on the jacket x3

I think the VHS effect is a nice touch, but it looks a little washed out, more like a fog than a tape distortion, it lacks the sparks of colour and vibrancy you often get with old VHS playback

Weirdly enough I recently watched a tutorial about simulating video glitches, it has a really bold outcome that could work great with your choice of colours.

SpeedoSausage responds:

thank you, since i kinda want to draw another 80s girl like this i might use this tutorial heheh

Jessie Winters (comission) Jessie Winters (comission)

Really great pose and shading, love the details on the shoes ^_^

pinoytoons responds:

tnx . nice to hear from you :D

Winter Winter

It's so nice to look at this as a whole, when you zoom in you can see all the simplistic and key shapes that go into making this a fantastic landscape.

I love the pencil strokes and touches of colour in the sky ^_^